March 11, 2009

The Secret Life of Ants



So there I was, sitting in my living room and watching The Secret Life of Bees (which is a great movie) and I'm enjoying my bean bag. Then I look at the ground and I notice that our carpet is crawling. Ants... There are ants everywhere! First, I had to finish my movie. Then I had to call my mother to see if she had any expert advice or opinions. Then, I ran to Smith's to find the Raid; this actually took a while--I never realized before how awkwardly Smith's is set up. I found what I needed and paid. Those ants wouldn't even know what hit them. When I got home, the number of ants had multiplied. I was glad that I got the big guns. I had a twinge of guilt when I thought about the girls in the movie I had just watched who lured the bugs out of the house with marshmallows instead of killing them, but I took another look at the ants and that guilt disappeared. Now our apartment smells like fresh floral raid and I'm happy to be mostly ant-free. For now, at least.

1 comment: