For memorial day weekend I packed up my bags and left Mike to spend some time at home in Chicago. Shaylin was graduating, so I went out to see her there. My parents and I were way overdressed for the ceremony. And I mean overdressed in that we had WAY too much fabric on our bodies. I wasn’t aware that we were supposed to be scantily clad in a close to lingerie dress… oh well.
I also got to see Ashley march in her first parade which made me miss marching band a little bit. Even their junior highs out there have color guard! Sure, they basically just waved their flags around, but I was still impressed. And I longed for a flag in my hand… but Ashley did fabulously. We made sure to embarrass her by yelling her name and snapping plenty of pictures.
We did a lot more than just those two things. We went bowling where my dad got an impressive six strikes in a row, we played Deal or No Deal in the arcade and I had the five hundred tickets in my case but I settle for a ninety-nine ticket deal… stupid. We went to the new aquarium and watched beluga whales; my sister and mom and I went shopping on the Miracle Mile where we cleverly escaped some over-anxious perfume saleswomen. We played Killer Bunnies and watched a Land of the Lost marathon. We had a picnic in the rain and a barbecue in a downpour. All in four days work. It was a great trip, but it is nice to be home with Mike. Oh yeah, and I made sure to get a good blackmail picture.
Love ya, Shaylin! Keep our car safe, or we will release this to the media!
No comments:
Post a Comment