December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas we spent a week in Chicago with my family. It really was a blast! I only have pictures of the first two days because I forgot to snag the rest from my family, but if I get more later, I’ll be sure to send them. Here are some things we did:

1. We went bowling.

P1020485 P1020489

2. We spent a day in downtown Chicago. Mike has never had a city Christmas before, so we showed him the real city. Macy’s has a big tree, so we stopped by that. We also looked at all the Macy’s windows. We went to the bean and we went to the Christkindlmarket (a German market in Chicago). We bought ourselves a new ornament there and Mike even got to eat some Popeye’s!

P1020499 P1020515P1020505 

3. We visited the Museum of Science and Industry. They had trees there from all the countries of the world. They had a cool mine exhibit and a body exhibit. Everyone even got to see how big Tennyson is!

P1020538 P1020615 P1020583

4. We decorated sugar cookies. Some of the best were a pregnancy test cookie Mike made, gingerbread Mike and gingerbread Nichelle my sister Amanda made, and a Rudolph my dad made.

P1020525P1020530  P1020535

5. (This is where the pictures end) We played a lot of Killer Bunnies.

6. We had a wonderful Christmas, of course!! We got the best gifts! The day was perfect. It even snowed for most the day… a white Christmas!

7. We saw Avatar in 3D and Sherlock Holmes… I highly recommend them.

8. We went to Feed My Starving Children and donated some of our time to help the less fortunate. It is one of our favorite things to do when we visit.

9. Mike got to have his first taste of a Claim Jumper Chocolate Motherlode cake.

10. We went to the Shedd Aquarium (on one of the busiest days ever!) and we saw the new Fantasea dolphin show. It was cool; I’ve never seen trained beluga whales before!

That’s a brief summary of our week. I hope I’m not missing anything; we did a ton of stuff! If I ever get more pictures, perhaps I’ll post them. It was a fantastic trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment