August 31, 2010

Meet Cahil!

We had a new addition to our family! This is Cahil:

DSC_0167DSC_0174  DSC_0173

Why did we get a fish? I’ll tell you. We have this stupid little shelf in our living room. It is tiny and in just one corner and it is probably about 4.5 feet off the floor. Maybe 5. I don’t know. Anyway, we haven’t for the life of us been able to find something to put there that actually looked good. So we were messing around with stuff the other night and I put some fake flowers up. Looked good, but a bit bare. So I put a candle next to it. Still good, but bare. So Mike grabbed this big vase and turned to me and said, “Imagine this… a fish.”

So on Monday we took a trip to the local pet store and they had betta fishes on sale. I didn’t know pets could go on sale, but apparently they could. So with the money we saved, we bought him a pirate skull. Because every fish needs a pirate skull.

And that is how our fish came to be.

Tennyson named him. We got out our baby name book and let him open to a page. Then we let him point to the name on that page that he wanted. Cahil is what it ended up being. We had to look up online how to pronounce it. It is pronounced like Cay-Hill… just for those curious minds.

So now we have a betta fish. Hopefully we’ll have him for a few years, but we’ll see.

1 comment: