My sister got my Shrinky Dinks for Christmas. We used to play with them all the time when we were younger (I remember in particular doing a lot of Scooby Doo themed Shrinky Dinks). I saw an episode of Raising Hope a while back where they did Shrinky Dinks and I remembered how fun they were… so I told Mike and he told my sister and she got me some for Christmas.
Mike was excited because he had never seen (or heard of) Shrinky Dinks before. He is really impressed with how they turn out. We’ll be buying more when Tennyson is old enough to do them, I’m sure.
Pre-coloring:
After being colored:
In the oven:
Finished product:
I only allowed myself to use the 6 crayons the Shrinky Dinks came with because it felt more authentic that way. Unfortunately, that means that Ariel gets orange hair. And Belle’s brown hair is actually a genius mixture of orange, blue, and purple. Also, Snow White got to wear pink and all their eyes are a fantastic shade of blue. But they turned out awesome. I’ve always prided myself on my coloring abilities. I used to spend hours in my room practicing, and I think the practice has paid off.
It was a great project to keep me distracted from the buckets of snow that were coming down outside. I was so enjoying seeing grass…
No comments:
Post a Comment