April 6, 2012

Let’s Make a Deal!

Mike here. Yes, apparently I am still a contributor. So today Nichelle and I decided to take a little trip out to the Tanger Outlets over in Howell. It looked like they were having some good sales that would justify spending the gas to get there and back. Plus, it was kind of a nice day out and walking around the area could be fun.

So, we went and spent a few hours poking in and out of some of the stores; Nichelle (being 8 months pregnant now) got to poke in and out of the restrooms to pee; and Tennyson got to poke in and out of wherever he could run off to. It was fun, we hit the clearance racks pretty hard, and managed to find some pretty awesome deals if I do say so myself.

IMG_3806Here’s a picture of what we came away with. Nichelle got a shirt at the Gap; I got one from Banana Republic; Tennyson got socks, a bowtie, a necktie, and a pair of sunglasses; and we got two pairs of tights and a pair of shoes for she-who-must-not-be-named. All in all we spent less than $35 on what would normally cost over $200. Not too shabs if you ask me.

I think Tennyson made off like a bandit. Look at these shades:IMG_3808

And even more importantly, this tie:IMG_3805 I’m pretty jealous.

After finishing up at Tanger we realized that it was getting kind of late and Tennyson was pretty hungry and tired. So, we headed over to a local restaurant for dinner, The Tomato Brothers.

image

Nichelle used to frequent this place when she lived in Howell during high school. For nearly two years, since we moved to Michigan, she had told me numerous times about how good the breadsticks are at this place, and I was finally going to get to try!

They did not disappoint.

image

Neither did the pizza.

image

Tennyson was tired, but enjoyed watching Toy Story 3, if nothing else.

photo

It was a good end to a good trip. Now I’m going to go eat some leftover pizza.

Until next time, this is Mike, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment