Remember how there used to be a time when I blogged a lot more? Yeah, I remember, too.
Life wasn't as busy then.
And since I'm not as on top of things now as I once was, this blog story actually starts two weeks ago.
With one sick boy.
Tennyson caught some sort of bug that hit fast and hard. Monday morning, he was fine. Monday night, he was the most miserable boy I'd ever seen. His cough actually scared me, and I'm not easily scared when it comes to medical things. He didn't sleep much monday night. Okay, he didn't sleep at all.
one am.
three am.
Finally, at four am, I got him down in his bed, with a heavy dosing of cough syrup, a thick coat of Vicks Vaporub, and a giant prayer.
Tuesday was pretty much chaos. Tennyson was still sick. His cough was better than it had been the night before, but it was still scary enough that I didn't want him anywhere near Maggie. Mike was gone all day. So I spent the day running back and forth between two different rooms trying to keep the virus contained.
It didn't work.
Tuesday morning, Maggie was fine. By Tuesday night, she was in the same place Tennyson had been the night before. So, while Tennyson slept all night, I was up for the second night in a row with a very sick kid.
Wednesday morning, I was a zombie. I had already been planning on going down to Chicago that weekend to say goodbye to my sister before she leaves on her mission. When i woke up Wednesday morning, I let Mike know that I couldn't do another day on my own, and that I was leaving for Chicago early. I needed a mommy.
So we went down for a very long weekend.
We spent some time recovering.
I was able to go to the Chicago Temple with my sister before she left.
Tennyson got to enjoy a night of bowling.
And some time in the pool.
We took a family trip to the zoo.
And celebrated my mom's birthday.
And by the time we went home, we were totally recovered, and ready to tackle the world again. It's nice having family close. Because sometimes, you just need to escape.
No comments:
Post a Comment