October 8, 2012

Five Months


Another month has gone by, and Maggie has grown up even more.

She's reaching the age where her personality is really starting to come out, and I love watching her grow. 

She's turning into a little spit fire. We are going to be in trouble when she gets older. She has started scooting forward in the past month, and I get the feeling that soon it is going to be impossible to get her to stay put. She screams to get your attention. Then once she has it, she just giggles. When she gets excited, her legs and arms start pumping around at a million miles an hour, and she gets upset when she occasionally smacks herself right in the face.

She is also quite the little diva at this point. She refuses to let anyone but her mom feed her, although she does seem to be getting better at letting others take over. I hope that soon she'll be happy no matter who is handing her the bottle. She has to sleep with a binky and her bunny. She prefers not being held while she is eating. She likes to tell us exactly what position she wants to be in. Her favorite position is on her belly; her least favorite position is sitting up.

She has started showing a real interest in food lately. If I am holding her and eating at the same time, I have to constantly stop her from stealing whatever it is I have. We've started handing her bits of food to experiment with and just pulled out the high chair the other day. She still gets 100% of her meals from mom, but she is having a blast playing around with the food we give her.

She is a chunk right now. I didn't think it was possible, but she's even more of a roly poly than her brother ever was. I don't think she could fit another roll onto that body of hers if she tried. She is in size 4 diapers and is in her 9 month clothes. We've been stocking up on 12 month clothes lately because I don't think it is going to be long until we have to push her up into yet another size.

Maggie likes toys that crinkle. She loves her exersaucers (something her brother never got into, and in retrospect, I really wish he would have, because they make life amazingly easier). She adores her brother, and he gets more giggles out of her than any of us do.

I can't believe in one more month, she'll have been with us for half a year. I can't imagine life without her. Or life without her smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment