October 21, 2012

Surprise, Surprise

A couple weeks ago, we went to New Hampshire.

Let me back up. 

A while ago, Southwest put up some crazy deals on flights. I walked around all day thinking it was too bad we didn't have the time to take a vacation during Mike's busy semester. Then I realized that Mike didn't have the time, but I sure did! We called up Mike's dad, told him about the flights so he could visit us, and then planned a week we could go out to New Hampshire to visit them. As luck would have it, Mike's mom was out of town that day. Once we realized she knew nothing of our plans, we decided we would keep it a surprise until we showed up.

So the weeks went by and it was getting closer to the time for us to go out. I was busy researching ways to stay sane on a flight with two kids (post to come later) and Mike's dad was concocting all sorts of reasons Mike's mom needed to clean the guest room.

And then the flights came. I stayed sane. And we were in New Hampshire. Mike's mom still had no clue.

When she came home from work, there we were, sitting on her couches and playing with her toys.



Greatest surprise ever.

And it didn't stop there.

We surprised Mike's grandma with a visit. She didn't know we were in town either.

The two Marguerite's finally got to meet!



That night, we got a surprise skype session from Mike's brother and sister announcing they were pregnant.

And as if that wasn't enough to kill Mike's mom over, we had one more surprise up our sleeve.

Craig and Carrie were coming up from Connecticut the next day!!

We were going to meet them for dinner at Friendly's, and Mike's mom had no clue they were going to be there. I was trying so hard to rush her out the door, but she had to stop and take this picture:


And this picture:


And I was afraid we were going to spend our entire night snapping pictures and miss dinner all together.

We didn't. I got us out the door and on our way to Friendly's. Mike's mom was thrilled to see Craig and Carrie there, and Tennyson took to Craig super fast. 


It might have had something to do with the hat.


Then we went candlepin bowling. Tennyson was a natural. Without any advantages at all, he kept up with all of us score wise. He even beat Carrie.



It was such a wonderful visit. The end came too quickly. But it will only be a few short months until we get to see everyone again.






No comments:

Post a Comment