May 17, 2009

Wilderness Fiskes

This Saturday it was nice outside so I planned a hike and a picnic for Mike and I. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the hike that I planned on taking him. Turned out later that I was on the right road but I chickened out before we ever got there. It was a just big enough for one car road that crept up the mountain side with a cliff that you could fall off at anytime. Plus, you couldn’t see around the bends so you just had to pray there wasn’t a car speeding down the mountain in the other direction. So, I was a chicken driver. But, we did see a trailhead on our way up so we went down to park and hike. It was a rather misleading trailhead, though; there wasn’t any clearly labeled trail for us to follow. So I took first pick at which lightly trodden trail we would take. I made the wrong choice because this is what we found.

DSC_0258

How was I supposed to know that we were following the trail of death??

DSC_0255

So, we turned around and Mike got to choose the path we took. This was the start to Mike’s path:

DSC_0259

Regardless of the somewhat scandalous entry to his path, it actually ended up quite nicely and it followed a river for quite some while. It even opened up to some lovely views.

DSC_0261

So, we ventured down this path a while and then turned around and headed to a picnic area that we had seen along the way and ate the picnic lunch of Caesar salad wraps and watermelon and other snacks that I had packed. Our table looked like this:

DSC_0267

It was a a lovely, adventure filled afternoon. And here are the cool pictures that I couldn’t fit into the storytelling:

DSC_0262

DSC_0265

No comments:

Post a Comment