Ok, so maybe our dinner didn’t taste a THING like oysters, but I couldn’t really say chicken, that’d be too cliché. This past week involved a lot of time in the library working on tests, projects, and homework for me and therefore I spent a lot of time fantasizing. Many people day dream about vacations, money, celebrities, revenge, that sort of thing. But for whatever reason I dreamt about chicken, not just ANY chicken, but maybe a nice BBQ or roasted chicken. Weird right? Well, regardless of how much less you think of me now, I decided to jump to action and try to cook up a bird or two. Admittedly, I’ve never cooked a whole chicken before, but it sounded like fun. I bought two birds from the grocery store (in case I messed up one) and thought I’d give it a go this weekend.
The first attempt (pictured below) turned out pretty good. I put on a nice dry rub, and cooked him up. I didn’t think it would turn out so I didn’t have much else to go with it and ended up throwing a few shoddy corn muffins together. Despite the lack of amenities, it tasted great. So today I decided to give it another go, but this time with just a more traditional roasted chicken. I also had the forethought to make some mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn to round out the meal. There aren’t any pictures from today’s feast, but it too was amazingly delicious.
Perhaps this wasn’t the most informative or exciting post ever, but oh well, it’s too late. You have now wasted all that time reading this post that you could have spent trying to find a cure for cancer. Shame on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment