August 17, 2010

A Little Preview

We’ve been here in Michigan for almost a week now and we are loving it! Mike started orientation yesterday and has been learning a lot about what the next three years holds for him. We’ve been getting all set up here which has taken longer than I had planned (Tennyson is such a distraction!) but here is a little preview of where we are at.

Okay, so this isn’t a picture of our place, but he’s so cute. I just had to include a picture of him. (By the way, that is a 9 month outfit he is wearing.)

DSC_0028

We have stairs!! We actually have two staircases. We are pretty much thrilled.

DSC_0013

A pantry!! Now all our food has a place to go. Just don’t judge us on the quality of food that is in there.

DSC_0017

We got my piano in the living room. It is great to have it again. I am now very aware how unskilled I am and how much I have forgotten in the past couple of years.

DSC_0018

WE HAVE A DISHWASHER!!! Fantastic.

 DSC_0019

We were really excited upon moving here that we might have a freezer with enough space to hold an ice tray. Oh boy were we in for a surprise. We have an ice maker! We love it.

DSC_0020

We have our own washer and dryer too!! Now Tennyson’s poop can explode everywhere and we can put it right into the wash without worrying about them being full or anything.

DSC_0023

NATURAL LIGHT!! And notice the green outside the window. We love that we are no longer in a dingy basement. Or a desert. Also, that is our car outside in an assigned parking spot. No more circling the block for a spot!

DSC_0027

Here is one half of our basement. Our basement is basically the size of our last apartment.

0814102123

Mike and Tennyson watching TV on our new couches:

0811102152

We have a new table for our dining room. You’ll notice two pictures ago our old one has been repurposed for a desk. And we now have room for Tennyson’s high chair which he loves being in.

0812101951

Here is Tennyson in his first bath NOT in our kitchen sink:

0813101156

And this is our formal living room:

0813101918 \

That’s all for now. Once we are all set up we’ll get some better pictures.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! Tennyson is sooo cute! The place looks nice too... I bet it sure beats the ghetto apartments of Pioneer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous you guys! Congrats! I'm so glad you found such a nice place :) Your stuff looks great in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment looks nice! I just noticed you guys moved away to Law School. We are in the same boat except in Nebraska! So far, we have loved living away. It has been just having our little family! Hopefully it will be a fun three years! We will have to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really nice. Conrats on the move to bigger and better places / things.

    Once you settle in I may have to think about visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous. You sound very happy...that is good!!!

    ReplyDelete