April 10, 2011

A Beautiful Sunday

It got up into the 80s today and it was marvelous.

We went to church this morning. It was not so marvelous. We had to move to the back of the chapel about halfway through Sacrament Meeting because we could no longer contain Tennyson on our laps. But even after moving to the back, we couldn’t contain him (or keep him quiet). He ripped a page out of the hymnal. We only got through the opening prayer of Sunday School before we had to step out into the hall. If I held him, he screamed. If I put him down, he crawled as fast as he could to the nearest electrical outlet to stick his fingers in it. By the time it was time for Relief society, we were in total meltdown mode, so we spent the last hour of church in the car where he napped, and I rejoiced. Sundays like this make me wonder why I even bother.

After we recouped at home a bit, I decided I really still wanted to enjoy the day and get some time outside. So I decided we should go to the Fenner Nature Center since it has been a while since we’ve been there and since Tennyson just got a brand new wagon for his birthday that we’ve been trying to use a lot. He loves his wagon.

Picnik collage

We visited some favorite picture spots. My how time has flown. Our little boy has gotten so big.

Almost eight months ago:

DSC_0053

Today:

DSC_0053DSC_0056

Almost eight months ago:

DSC_0063

Today:

DSC_0077DSC_0079

Tennyson just loved being pulled around in his wagon. We just loved being outside and being warm.

And I just love him.

DSC_0093

1 comment:

  1. I remember those Sundays...seems I lived in the hallway at times. But I think you are wiser than I was to get out the wagon and go for a nice walk...good stress management for everyone! I love the last picture. Please send me a link so I can print a copy. See you in 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete