May 19, 2011

Baby Steps

Tennyson is finally taking some steps!

He’s been a great furniture cruiser for months and months and months now. He is also an excellent crawler. But we’ve been looking forward to this next stage in his life.

I know, I know, everyone says not to rush it and whatnot. But really, we are tired of carrying him everywhere we go. And we want him to be able to run around at the park.

About a week ago, Tennyson accidentally took a step. Then, over the weekend, he took two steps to my mom before he realized we had let go of his hands.

After playgroup yesterday, I think Tennyson realized he was going to have to walk on his own if he wanted to keep up. So today, he finally braved up and started taking some steps without the support of his walker, his furniture, or his parents.

I can’t believe that in one day he went from a couple steps to walking all the way across our living room.

He is in such a good mood today because he is just so darned proud of himself. As he should be. He’s getting to be a big boy.

2 comments:

  1. yea so happy for you and him! It nice to have them carry their own weight!:0 He will love life running around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we are so proud of Tennyson and the screaming while he walks is fantastic! Way to go Big T!

    ReplyDelete