May 21, 2011

Lansing River Trail

My parents are awesome. Thanks to them, I am the proud owner of a jogging stroller. I was so excited to get it because it meant that I could finally run again!! I’ve been wanting to run ever since I got back to Michigan because I used to love running here. I hated running in Provo because it was all campus and apartments, so I didn’t really do it.

mms_picture(7)The best part of the jogging stroller is that I have a cute baby to tote around. He takes the attention off of me entirely, so it really doesn’t matter awful or tired I look because Tennyson is always charming and always cute. Seriously. Look at him:

 

 

 

Anyway.

This is why I love the trails here. Don’t tell me that treadmill running is better than trails. It isn’t. This is gorgeous:

mms_picture(4)mms_picture(5)

This is insanely boring:

image

No competition.

The great part about the Lansing River Trail is that it runs all throughout Lansing. We usually hop onto the trail about a mile from our house and take it to a loop around a lake. I love it. Plus, about two miles in, there is a nice park. So I can take a break from running and Tennyson can play.

mms_picture(6)

Just today, we hopped on the trail downtown. We did a four mile walk and then spent some time hanging out outside the farmer’s market. It was gorgeous outside. The Lansing Lugnuts were warming up next door and we could hear their music, so Tennyson spent pretty much the entire time dancing.

mms_picture(3)mms_picture(1)

I know, he looks like a goof in that last picture. It’s because he had just shoved about 20 goldfish into his mouth at once.

I love the warm weather. I just wish my skin would get a little color already. I’m sick of glowing when the sun hits me.

2 comments:

  1. 1. you'll have to tell me where this trail starts! i want to go to there.

    2. wrong. michigan is beautiful and walking the lovely trails is wonderful. but when it comes to running to a long time to get a workout, you can't beat a steady, level treadmill :) we went jogging on a trail today and it was miserable. haha.

    3. cute jogging stroller! i'm so bad at jogging and controlling the steering of ours. so usually chris is in charge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Jogging outside is the best!!! I want to join you so bad but I will have to wait. And this trail is good- I have been on several parts.

    ReplyDelete