June 18, 2011

Absolutely Perfect Saturday

My family is in town. The weather today was beautiful.

Family + Great Weather = Perfect Day.

We spent the afternoon at our new favorite park in town. It was supposed to be stormy, but ended up absolutely wonderful.

The first thing we did was take a walk around the lake.

DSCF2235DSCF2239DSCF2242

Then we went to the splash pad.

I decided from now on I will only go to the splash pad on Saturday mornings. Seriously. The place was de-ser-ted.

DSCF2256

Yes. The only people you see in that picture are members of my family. It was wonderful. Tennyson wasn’t quite as brave as he was last time, but I attribute a lot of that to the fact that we cut his morning nap short.

DSCF2254DSCF2255DSCF2262IMG_0597DSCF2269

Since it was only in the 70s outside, Tennyson had sit out for a minute every now and then to warm up.

DSCF2281IMG_0596DSCF2284P1120021

Once he stopped shivering, he jumped right back in again.

IMG_0623IMG_0631

While we played in the splash pad, my dad and Mike and my siblings rented paddle boats and went out onto the lake.

DSCF2288DSCF2301DSCF2295P1120022P1120030IMG_0612IMG_0618

We had a nice picnic lunch waiting for them when they got back.

DSCF2308IMG_0647

Tennyson had fun playing in his stroller. I never let him sit in there without being strapped in. He quickly learned he could put both his feet on the back of the seat and climb up.

IMG_0638

Which he thought was hysterical.

IMG_0641

Before leaving, we soaked up the sun for a bit longer by sitting on the beach by the lake.

DSCF2310      

And that picture brings me to my latest obsession… CURLS.

I knew I would have a curly head kid.

IMG_0644    IMG_0646

Anyway. Back to the beach.

IMG_0655

Tennyson quickly realized that all the other people on the beach had a lot more to play with than we did.

Not our towels:

IMG_0664

Also not our towels:

IMG_0665

Tennyson also learned about gravity since the “beach” is one big grassy hill.

IMG_0662

For anyone who argues that this might not have been the perfect day, I dare you to say that after seeing what the sky was like.

IMG_0684IMG_0705

Yeah, perfect.

Absolutely perfect.

                     IMG_0678

No comments:

Post a Comment