It’s been a pretty long week here. Tennyson has been sick and needy. I’ve been feeling extremely pregnant. And the two of us have been a pretty pathetic mess. We’ve done a lot of sitting around. Tennyson has watched a lot of TV. I’ve gotten nothing done. We’ve just sat around feeling sorry for ourselves. So when my mom called on Thursday morning to see if it was okay if they come on Friday, it was just the pick-me-up we were looking for. (Plus I think it made Mike happy knowing that I’d finally have a good reason to get up off my butt and start cleaning.)
As soon as they got here, Tennyson put them to work. At lunch (where I finally got the fish tacos I’ve been craving for a couple trimesters now),Tennyson made my dad play Angry Birds with him. It was fun on the phone. It was even more fun when grandpa pulled out the iPad.
Then after lunch, he put grandma to work.
He attacked her with a giant panda.
He climbed on her like a jungle gym.
He made her walk around like a horse.
And after they were both sufficiently worn out, they laid around watching Baby Signing Time.
Of course, Tennyson wasn’t the only one who enjoyed having my mom and dad around. Mike and I had a great visit with them, too. I used my mom’s visit as an excuse to go get some paczkis. I’ve wanted them, but Mike doesn’t like them very much and I knew if I bought some alone, I’d eat a dozen by myself, and I don’t think that “eating for two” means eating an entire dozen of anything by yourself. So I got to eat a couple and then send the rest home with my mom to “give to my brother and sisters.”
Mike enjoyed the visit because we played Settlers of Catan and he remains undefeated in our family.
Life is good when grandma and grandpa come to visit. We wish the stay could have been longer, but even just the one day visit was enough to tucker out Tennyson. We can’t wait until we get to play with them again!
No comments:
Post a Comment