May 15, 2012

one week


Maggie Jane is now a week old. Doesn't she look so grown up?

She went to the doctor yesterday and she weighs 8 pounds, which means she has almost caught back up to her birth weight. She also grew a whole 3/4 inches and her head got a little bigger, too. 

She has done a lot this week. And all this doesn't even include what she did in the hospital, which I know is technically a part of this week, but it has been covered elsewhere on the blog.

She met her grandpa and an aunt. They came up for the afternoon on Saturday and spent a lot of time cuddling Maggie and playing with Tennyson.


She has slept an awful lot. She is a really good sleeper at this point in her life. She sleeps for 2-3 hour stretches. Then she wakes up to eat, and quickly falls back asleep. She has two periods of the day where she is more awake. Unfortunately, one of them is at about 11 at night. But that's what babies do.


We went out on our first excursion as a family of four. It is so strange to have two car seats in the back. We went to Target, and we survived. It was actually pretty easy. Talk to me again when Maggie doesn't just sleep all day long, and I think I'll have a different story to tell.


Maggie has also gotten in a couple stretches of tummy time and play time. She's not awake for long, so she doesn't get to play much. She's a champ at holding up her head, so tummy time seems to be no problem for her. 


She's been so much fun to have around. And she is such an angel. 

I'm trying to enjoy the newborn period as much as I can. Because I know its going to get harder, and a lot crazier. Right now, things are pretty swell.


No comments:

Post a Comment