This past weekend, one of them informed us it was kid's day at the park.
And I had been dying to get Tennyson out to a park anyway.
We got to dig for some prizes.
Then we spent a lot of time mini golfing. Tennyson was a great help. Mike would hit the ball towards the hole and then Tennyson would pick it up and put it in. Hole in one! (That is how it works, right?)
video evidence of golf expertise:
Tennyson also got to peek into a firetruck. We mostly went there to get the cool hat to add to our dress up collection. He honestly could have cared less about the truck.
But Tennyson did love the elephant. He's been super into jungle animals lately. Lions are his favorite, but I don't know of many places that let little kids ride on lions. So the park had an elephant. Second best, I guess. We were pretty mean parents and didn't wait in the long line in the hot sun to let Tennyson ride. We weren't sure it'd go over great anyway, and I didn't feel like waiting for 30 minutes for something that had a 50 percent chance of being enjoyed.
By the time we had done all that, we were pretty hot. So we sat in the shade and enjoyed a nice sippy. And mom and dad enjoyed some hot dogs and lemonade.
Tennyson had a blast. It was real nice getting out. We saw a lot of our friends from church while we were there, and Tennyson got to get out all that excess energy he has.
Like I said, we have great friends. They keep us in the know. I would have hated to miss out on such a nice afternoon.
| (proof that maggie and i attended) |
No comments:
Post a Comment