August 7, 2012

Visitors

We had visitors this weekend. My mom and sister came up. My sister is about to leave on her mission, and we won't get to see her again until Tennyson is four and Maggie is two (which will never come... my babies aren't allowed to grow up). She's been trying to squeeze in as much nephew and niece time as possible. Grandma tags along because she just can't stay away from our cutie patooties. I don't blame her.

We fit in as many fun activities as we possibly could.

Like playing in the new rice bin I made.



Notice the chalkboard in the background? That's Tennyson's new favorite game. We count to five over and over and over and over and over again all day long. But he can't say Mama. C'est la vie.

Making grandma write out his numbers once again:


My mom and sister also took Tennyson to the park a few times. He never gets to go with us, so he enjoyed it. I actually feel guilty that summer is almost over and he hasn't really made it to the park much. Then I remember how hot it has been and my guilty feelings disappear.



The highlight of the visit was a trip to Potter Park Zoo. My sister really wanted to go on one more zoo trip before she left for a year and half, and we really enjoyed Potter Park the other week, so we went once again. This time we had a double stroller, thanks to grandma (also, that makes it year number two that I've gotten a stroller for my birthday present... being an adult is exciting). Life was so much easier. 


Tennyson points with two fingers lately. I don't know what's up with that. Just another quirk.


 He actually pet the goats this time around. Last time, just being in the enclosure was pure torture. This time, he was walking around on his own and petting the goats.


The lions were up close again, too! And this time I actually had a camera! This is probably my favorite part of Potter Park. I can't believe how close we can get to these guys.


Tennyson loved to growl at them. His growl is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love that all he does to make a claw is put down his pinky finger. And I love that the sound he makes would probably give any grown person a week's worth of laryngitis.



Really, everything about him is too cute.


So cute, they made us leave him there.


Okay, not really. But he really is the cutest thing. 

And he loves his aunt and grandma.

And so does Maggie.



And so do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment