October 22, 2012

BYU Football

This last weekend, Mike had a big career fair down in Chicago. As luck would have it, my parents also had tickets for the BYU v. Notre Dame game that same weekend, and had been trying to figure out how to get us down to go to the game. 

So on the Saturday after Mike's career fair, we took the drive from my parent's house to South Bend, Indiana to cheer on the cougars. 

When we got there, we made a quick stop by the alumni tailgate where we got our last minute BYU apparel, got our faces painted, sang our fight song, and saw Cosmo.


After that we still had some time before we had to be to the stadium, so we walked around the Notre Dame campus. It was absolutely gorgeous. The perfect fall day.


Then it was time to get to our seats and cheer on the Cougars!



(yes, maggie is wearing tennyson's cardigan. hers disappeared somewhere during the drive!)

(finally had a reason to pull out the old color guard jacket, and i found two very gaudy fake diamond earrings in the pocket!)

Maggie is in the phase where no one can eat food unless she gets some too. So she kept trying to get our popcorn. And everything else we got to eat.



It was a very good game. We were ahead for most of it, and then lost it in the end. So many emotions and reactions to what was going on....


Tennyson loved the marching band, too. Made his mom proud!


It was such a fun day. I'm so glad we were able to go. I forgot just how much I love BYU football. It's been such a long time since I've been to see a game. I really did miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment