Last night was the chili cook off and trunk or treat at our church.
We went as a chef and chicken:
and a witch and vampire:
Tennyson's hair was pretty awesome. It took me a couple Arthur episodes to do, but it really pulled the costume together.
While we ate, Tennyson and his friend played as they always do. Every time they get together, they spend about an hour jumping, falling on the ground, and running in circles. I'm a big fan of the naps that usually follow their play dates.
Mike's pride of the night was our trunk. I think he would have liked for it to be 50 times more amazing, but I think he pulled off one of the best trunks of the night. This picture really doesn't do it justice because I used the flash. But he had a strobe light going and our pumpkins lit, and a lot of kids told me that they weren't expecting it to be so "creepy"
I think that Tennyson's pumpkin really added to the creepy factor.
Once the trunks were all set up, it was time to trunk or treat. This year Mike went around with Tennyson and I stayed by the trunk to hand out candy.
We've been trying to teach Tennyson to say "trick or treat." He can do it on occasion. But he was really good at the "thank you" part of the night. And the wanting candy part.
As soon as we got into the car, Tennyson started going through his loot to see all the things he got. When we got home, I realized that he had removed nearly everything from his bag and packed it around him in the car seat. He's such a goof.
He's also the cutest vampire ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment