June 20, 2009

Surprise!

A couple of weeks ago I got locked out of our apartment and our managers were out of town and Mike wasn’t going to be home for a couple of hours, so my only option was to break in. Luckily the screen on our bedroom window was already broken so I popped it out and slid the window open and broke in. I was a little surprised about how easy it was. I just kind of hoped that no burglar or murderer ever found out.

So then yesterday I was coming home from work at seven. I was going to do some relaxing before I had to pick Mike up at eight thirty. As I walked our kitchen window, I noticed that we had accidentally left the blinds open. I don’t like when we do this because then people know the nice stuff we have in our apartment and the burglars might want to come. Then I kept walking and when I got to our bedroom window, I noticed that the screen was gone and the window was wide open. This freaked me out a little bit because I thought someone had broken in. Then I thought, maybe, just maybe, Mike had tried to put in the air conditioner without me and then given up and forgotten to put the window back together. But since he was at work, I couldn’t call him and ask. So I decided I had to go in and see if we had been robbed or if there was someone waiting to kill me. I slooowly opened the front door to check and see if the TV was there (I figured if our TV and Blu-Ray are still here, we probably weren’t robbed). So I saw our technology sitting there and I was relieved that no one broke in to rob us. That only left someone breaking in to MURDER me. So I started to close the front door to go check out the apartment for scary lurkers and then someone jumped out and grabbed me! I screamed and then realized it was Mike and then cried. He got me good. He had gotten off of work early, gotten a ride with David, and then broke into the apartment since he didn’t have any keys. He didn’t know he was going to scare me so bad, but he sure did.

4 comments:

  1. This is why I could never have a concealed weapons permit (or a gun in the house), because I'd totally shoot the prankster. See ya in heaven, Andres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the only thing I have to say is...
    Things that don't kill us make us stronger...
    Also... don't get even... get ahead....
    Better watch it Mike...

    ReplyDelete