June 12, 2011

A Fresh Coat of Paint

Want to know what our weekend consisted of??

One ugly desk purchased for ten dollars.

IMG_0541

A ton of sandpaper.

IMG_0542

One coat of primer.

IMG_0546

Two coats of yellow paint.

IMG_0556

Some new knobs.

IMG_0564

And voila!!

IMG_0562

Isn’t it perdy?? It is our new vanity/desk. I can use it in the mornings for my makeup and jewelry and such and Mike can use it when he needs a quiet place to study (because our kitchen table is far from a quiet place).

We repainted one of our old Ikea kitchen table chairs to match as well.

IMG_0570

I would have some better after pictures but I could only snap one before Tennyson got in the way.

We are all very pleased. Including Tennyson.

IMG_0580

(Cheesy smiles like this are his new thing.)

And just because I’m so gosh darn proud of us, I will let you see the before and after one more time.

IMG_0541 IMG_0562

1 comment:

  1. Nichelle!! I LOVE it!! That makes me want to refinish something now!! so super cute. good choice :)

    ReplyDelete